2019 EVENTS & PROGRAMS
The following is a running list of various public programs that I currently offer.
These workshops, retreats, and lectures may be sponsored by other organizations with their own specific registration process. All events are listed here with a link to the hosting organization’s webpage or to the information and registration page for my own events.
If you have any questions about these, please contact me using our secure online contact form
There are many programs of retreats and workshops that I offer that are not listed here but are available by special arrangement for your group or organization. If you are interested in sponsoring an event, please contact me for more details.
The Body of the Earth: A Contemplative Immersion in the Natural World
July 20 - July 25
A 5 night/6 day Earth-Based Retreat in New Mexico
THIS RETREAT HAS BEEN DELAYED TO 2021 DUE TO COVID-19
Monday, July 20 through Saturday, July 25, 2020
Foothills of the San De Cristo Mountains
Join Holos Director and Eco-therapist, Jan Edl Stein, MFT, for a deep retreat in northeastern New Mexico.
This will be an exceptional time to unwind, connect deeply with the natural world, expand the senses and discover our own bodies as that of the earth. We will have daily meditative and contemplative practices that open the senses to nature and an invitation to go deeply into exploring the place where the inner landscapes are reflecting in the outer. Part of the retreat will involve solo time on the land and a practice of mindful silence. There will be a morning dreamwork practice where we will track the ways in which the natural world speaks to our psyche.
For those of you who are interested in applications and philosophies of some of these practices in clinical or other healing modalities, Jan will offer optional didactic sessions. CA BBSE licenses are eligible to attain 12 CEU units.
The retreat will be hosted at the Ocamora Retreat Center, a private center on 265 acres of pristine land at 7500 ft. elevation in the foothills of the San de Cristo Mountains. The center is remote, elegantly rustic, remarkably gorgeous and hosts a variety of wildlife.
ACCOMMODATIONS: range from a charming adobe compound called “The Cloisters”, to cabins, rooms and yurts situated in an old apple orchard.
The Cloisters is a charming U-shaped adobe compound that feels very private and contained. In addition to the lodging rooms there is a spacious library, a small kitchen (including stove, refrigerator, coffeemaker, dishes, etc), a shared bathroom (with private shower stall), and a covered outdoor seating area that includes a striking kiva fireplace. The patio area is centered around a beautiful old apple tree and perennial flower beds.
Orchard accommodations (rooms, cabins, and yurts) are all placed in relation to a 100 year old apple orchard. The view to the east is spectacular and includes the nearby mountain and fields. The feeling is vast and open. All spaces in the orchard are served by a spacious and clean solar wash house and a number of conveniently located outhouses.
- Orchard rooms are under one roof. They are 4 single rooms and share a spacious covered terrace with a stunning view of the apple orchard and nearby mountain. All rooms include a single built-in bed/reading lamp, closet, writing desk /table lamp, etc. The patio is furnished with comfortable wicker furniture and a large coffee table.
- Orchard cabin is a free-standing small cabin. It has a small front porch/bench and is furnished with a full sized bed, night stand / lamp, closet, and writing desk /lamp. It can be used as a single or for a couple.
- Yurts – There are two yurts: a 12′ (single or couple occupancy) and 20′ (double or triple occupancy) tucked back in the woods along the upper orchard path. Both yurts are furnished with conventional wood frame beds and mattresses. The larger yurt can easily accommodate 2-3 people and the smaller yurt is ideal for a single retreatant. The yurts do not have electric lights and are served by lanterns with rechargeable batteries.
- Camping with one’s own tent or RV is also an option.
Linens and towels are provided with all accommodations.
FEES: The fee for this retreat includes all meals from arrival evening to lunch on final day, lodging and tuition.
It does not include the costs of transportation (see below for more info).
You may reserve your preferred lodging with either payment in full (with early registration discount) or with a $200 deposit that will hold your preferred lodging (balance is due by May 15 at the latest as we cannot hold lodging requests beyond that without payment in full.
Early registration discount for registrations received in full by March 31.
Late registrations (After June 30) are slightly increased from regular fee.
- Shared: (Cloisters, yurts) early: $1100 reg: $1200 late: $1300
- Couple: (Clositers, Orchard Cabin, yurt) early: $2150 reg: $2300 late: $2450
- Private Room (Cloisters, Orchard room, Orchard Cabin, small yurt) early: $1300 reg: $1400 late: $1500
- Camp/RV (own gear) early: $800 reg: $900 late: $1000
All hold deposits are non-refundable.
All full fees are refundable minus $100 IF cancellation received in writing/email BEFORE May 15
All full fees are 50% refundable IF cancellation is received in writing/email after May 15 but BEFORE June 30
Cancellation requests received on or after June 30 are 50% refundable ONLY IF your spot can be filled.